1. The Believer #73 2010 Music Issue $12.00
2. Touch and Go The Complete Hardcore Punk Zine 79-83 by var. $29.95 (Bazillion Points) – If ever you needed a collected volume of zines, this may be it. Rough and wild midwest punk rock reporting and tons of tons of record reviews, Touch and Go the zine was opinionated, irreverent, and balls-to-the-walls funny. Bazillion Points has really gone berzerker lately too, churning out some of the sickest most creative and in-depth volumes of hardcore, punk and metal scene archiving I’ve ever seen. Touch and Go binds together all 22 issues and peppers it with essays a bit of commentary and notation. Bawdy and engaging, I can’t take my eyes off it, but it’s so jam-packed I have no doubt it’ll take me a year or two to read everything. -EF
3. Bike Snob: Systematically & Mercilessly Realigning the World of Cycling by Bike Snob NYC (Chronicle) $16.95 – A lush little volume of cheeky bike-ography coming into reality from the blogosphere.
4. Down and Derby – The Insiders Guide to Roller Derby by var. (Soft Skull) $14.95 – This insider’s derby guide is an intro, a love letter and a cheeky, dishy guide to the fierce world of rollin’. It almost makes me want to kiss my teeth goodbye and strap a pair on. -EF
5. Craphound #4 Clowns Devils and Bait $12.00 – Holy Shit, the Craphound #4 reprint landed and it makes me smile like Ren and dance like Stimpy! Tejaratchi’s obsessive hi-con picture pages are brimming with the sauciest devils, the juciest bait and the most ambiguously legal clowns. Thrilling, terrifying, mind-blowing, hands down one of the world’s greatest zines! – EF
6. End of the City – A Book of Afterwards by Oso Arcilla $4.00 – Nice, poignant poetry, like a tidy apartment or a freshly baked good, touching on a little of everything. An especilly good one is about chilly pumpkin guts and another treat weaves about the rough edges of a drunken romancing, full of fine moments, pauses, twists. -EF
7. Crap Hound #7 Church and State Part One $12.00
8. Is It the Future Yet by Corrine Mucha $3.00 – AVAILABLE ONLY AT QUIMBY’S!
9. Hot Damn and Hell Yeah: Recipes for Hungry Banditos, Dirty South Cook Book by Ryan Splint $7.00
10. Jimmy Corrigan – The Smartest Kid on Earth by Chris Ware (Pantheon) $19.95
Also! Join us tonight at the Holiday Club at 7pm as Quimby’s co-sponsors Dating For Nerds Singles Trivia Night! 4000 North Sheridan Road. For more info: http://nerdsatheart.com