1. Henry and Glenn Forever Deluxe New Edition by Igloo Tornado (Microcosm) $6.00 – The gay love of Henry Rollins and Glenn Danzig? I’d get in that van.-EF
2. Craphound #4 Clowns Devils and Bait (Show & Tell) $12.00 – Holy Shit, the Craphound #4 reprint landed and it makes me smile like Ren and dance like Stimpy! Tejaratchi’s obsessive hi-con picture pages are brimming with the sauciest devils, the juciest bait and the most ambiguously legal clowns. Thrilling, terrifying, mind-blowing, hands down one of the world’s greatest zines! – EF
3. Cats Are Weird and More Observations: A Cat Book by Jeffrey Brown (Quirk) $12.95 – If you’re a cat person you’re in good company: Art Bell, William Burroughs and now Jeffrey Brown.
4. Hi Fructose #17 $6.95
5. Rigor Mortis vol 3 $3.50
6. Zisk #19 Fall 10 $2.00
7. Best American Nonrequired Reading 2010, ed. by Dave Eggers (Mariner) $14.95
8. Girls To the Front: The True Story of the Riot Grrrl Revolution by Sara Marcus $14.99 – The last great underground cultural movement of the pre-Internet age, Riot Grrrl revolutionized girlhood itself. In the early 1990s, young women were realizing that the equality they’d been promised was still elusive, and a newly resurgent right wing was turning feminism into the ultimate dirty word. Don’t miss Sara Marcus here at Quimby’s with Jessica Harper, author of Girls Guide to Rocking on Oct 23rd, 7pm.
9. Maxims Hot 100 by Michael DeForge and Mille Putois $5.00 – Grills Gone Wild!!! DeForge takes us to the Maxim deli for extra-sloppy she-sandwiches with double mayo. The whole thing is silkscreened in three radiant colors by Mille Putois, which puts out an amazing series of artists books and comics. Eat up. -EF
10. Boneshaker Magazine #2 $8.00