1. Hi-Fructose #18 $6.95
2. Proximity #8 Education As Art $12.00 – Writing the book on learning as art and the art of learning: Proximity #8 comes from all angles, focuses, builds, supports. Weighing in at 232 pages, this volume does an exceptional job with a wide variety of profiles, interviews and portfolios and essays, staying both solidly local and vitally connected, you’d be hard pressed to find a smarter art magazine.
3. Maximumrocknroll #332 Jan 11 $4.00
4. Henry and Glenn Forever Perfect Bound Deluxe New Edition by Igloo Tornado (Microcosm) $6.00 – The gay love of Henry Rollins and Glenn Danzig? I’d get in that van.-EF
5. Mojo #207 Feb 11 $9.99
6. Cometbus #52: The Spirit of Saint Louis by Aaron Cometbus $3.00 – “It all starts with the story I’ve told so many times it’s turned stale and tired from overuse. There I was, dropped off in a city far from home. I didn’t know a soul or have a hope, and so on…”
7. Serial Killers Unite #5 $2.00
8. Truckface #13 by LB $3.00- A huge little zine about a nerve-wracking rookie year teaching reading and writing to high school freshmen. This would basically be my nightmare job, and LB minces no words about how impossible, frustrating and life-consuming it can seem- but at the same time, there’s tons of funny shenanigans and the illustrations are beyond good, in a madcap Esther Pearl Watson way. An epic account of struggling through the school year and making out the other end with your sense of the ridiculous and amazing intact. -EF
9. Crap Hound #4 Clowns Devils and Bait $12.95
10. True Crime Dec 10 Detective Monthly $8.99
Wow, they’ll give the Eisner-award to anybody!