1. Jin & Jam #1 by Hellen Jo (Sparkplug) $5.00 – Jin and Jam is a head-on collision of California 2 Cool 4 School and Tekkon Kinkreet. -Yeah, it really is that good. Hellen Jo’s drawings are perfect and her action-packed San Jose misfit tween girl rampage fights dirty the whole way through. It’s an impeccable tornado of an issue and if you come out with a black eye and gum in your hair, you’ll consider yourself lucky. -EF
2. Spotting Deer by Michael DeForge (Koyama) $5.00 – Michael DeForge continues to wrangle an Elvis Studio sense of drippy design chaos into creepy and beautiful amorphous narratives. This is a comic that’s about a field guide that’s about an oil-skinned mollusc that’s really about cultural displacement, wikipedian information templates and the fetishization/exploitation/commodification of subcultures and identities. Heavy- but full of laffs, in bleedy full color, and with a great slug sex scene to boot. -EF
3. Gothic Beauty #32 $5.95
4. Ice Haven by Dan Clowes (Pantheon) $16.00 – Same ol’ Haven, now in softcover to match your old Garfield books.
5. My Every Single Thought – What I Think About Being Single by by Corrine Mucha $5.00 – An exclusive Corrine made for Quimby’s! ‘Cause we’re awesome.
6. Capacity by Theo Ellsworth (Secret Acres) $20.00 – By the artist who made a bookmark for us once! ‘Cause we’re awesome!
7. Crickets #3 Sex Morons by Sammy Harkham $8.00
8. Juxtapoz #121 Feb 11 $5.99
9. Acme Novelty Library #20: Lint by Chris Ware (D+Q) $23.95 – Who has made signs for us! ‘Cause we’re awesome!
10. Gaylord Phoenix by Edie Fake (Secret Acres) $ 17.95 – Edie works here! ‘Cause we’re awesome!