1. Coming Insurrection by The Invisible Committee (Semiotexte)- An eloquent call to arms arising from the recent waves of social contestation in France and Europe. Written by the anonymous Invisible Committee in the vein of Guy Debord.
2. Field Guide to the Aliens of Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Two by Joshua Chapman $1.00
3. Hi-Fructose #22 $6.95
4. Monkey in the Basement and Other Delusions by Corinne Mucha (Retrofit) $5.00
5. New Adventures of Beastlord by Chris Kuzma $4.00
6. Gangsta Rap Posse #2 by Marra Benjamin $3.00
7. Apartamento #8 $19.95
8. Eye of the Majestic Creature by Leslie Stein $4.00 – Hot on the heels of the EOTMC collection Fantagraphics releaed this Spring comes a brand new issue of one of my favorite minicomics, Eye of the Majestic Creature. This time, things take a turn for the worse: even deceptively happy-go-lucky elements like LarryBear’s anthropomorphic guitarfriend Marshmallow are getting drunk a little to much. Stein sets Larry’s New York life of arbitrary retail and sand counting to the grim realist prose of Dreiser’s Sister Carrie. It’s a bit of heartwrench punctuated with Stein’s unflappable dark humor, bleaker certainly but still brilliant. -EF
9. Butt #29 Fantastic Magazine for Homosexuals $9.90- Good gawd, after a two year hiatus we are back in the pink. This may be the last time Butt goes to print, but it’s hardly a bitter end- this issue serves it extra long and thick. Obscene yet classy homoerotic art? Check. Juicy interviews with a whole gamut of gays? Check. John Waters? Check. Cool, let’s party like its 1999. -EF
10. Encyclopedia of Doris by Cindy Crabb $18.00 – Issues 19-27 of Doris zine, collected, alphabetized and extended for your feminist excitement.