Now in stock for the awesomest price ever of $9.99 for 134 pages of the usual tiny font, the 20th issue of Chunklet (20 issues, 15 years!). Don’t miss Whirlyball with such bands as Arcade Fire, The Shins, Death Cab for Cutie and countless others. Laugh-out-loud funny Rock Sniglets, Music Journalist Application Form, Zine Fair Pick-Up Lines (That Failed Miserably) ["I'm not the do-it-yourself type...I'd rather do it with you."] — This is rockin’. That’s why this mag only comes out once every 3 years, because of its high hilariousness quotient. Chunklet makes fun of pretty much everything the cool kids listen to, which is why I love it. More music mags should have this many opinions, instead of just being a conglomeration of press releases the publicity agents are sending out. I mean, really, does EVERY magazine need to have Cat Power on the cover with varying pictures from the same photo shoot?
140 Characters or Less
- Lane Milburn talks about Twelve Gems here tomorrow! fb.me/6ERNyzi0W 14 mins ago
- Happy Hour Tiki Day explosion! Experience the spirit of aloha with us today at Quimby’s Bookstore. We’ve got poor… fb.me/1ENYQq972 6 hours ago
- Don’t miss September’s Zine Zine Club, you know like, a book reading group but for zines? At the CHIPRC 9/10. Get… fb.me/1vGTfdOc9 22 hours ago
- Say aloha to your friends at Quimby’s Bookstore this Friday 7/29 for Tiki Day. Free drinks, tasty snacks,… fb.me/6HQZ9qbU7 2 days ago
- New Stuff This Week fb.me/3TXdOnxFW 6 days ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events hate-on high wierdness humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics letters to quimbys mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines