CZF 2016 FRIDAY NIGHT INFO
All Friday night events located at Workshop Chicago (935 W. Chestnut St. #530)
April 29th 6:30 – 8pm, Panel: Permission Not Granted: Women of Color and the Politics of Zines
A discussion sponsored by the University of Chicago Library with Leila Abdelrazaq, Sarah Gonzalez, and Monika Harris. Moderated by Monica Trinidad.
April 29th 8 – 9:30pm, Exhibitor Reading: Readings by Andi Santagata (Sorry Mom Comix), JC (Tributaries), Jonas (Cheer the Eff Up), Marnie Galloway (In the Sounds and Seas), Rachel & Sari (Hoax), Taryn Hipp (Lady Teeth), Tanuja Jagernauth (Brown & Proud Press Collective), and Vicky Lim (Abstract Door).
All events during CZF weekend are free, open to the public, and wheelchair accessible. The Youth Reading will be held as a workshop on Saturday, April 30 at Plumbers Hall.
Sat, April 30th (tabling exhibition at the Plumbers Union Hall, 1340 W Washington Blvd, from 11am-6pm).
+ also that day at the same place…
CZF 2016 WORKSHOPS
Peruse our workshop offerings for this year’s zine fest below. We’re excited as always to offer a variety of programming for you and your zine-loving friends!
- Revolutionary Mothering: from zines to anthologies. Join Mai’a Williams and China Martens, two editors of Revolutionary Mothering: Love on the Front lines – to talk about creating in difficult environments, zines and book anthologies, life, art and revolution. Mama centric, but open to all.
- Drawing Out the Issues: Comics Journalism. Using our recent series for Truthout, Growing Season, as a basis for discussion—as well as our upcoming book Threadbare: Clothes, Sex, and Trafficking—the Ladydrawers Comics Collective will informally talk participants through the basics of longform, collective, comics journalism investigations.
- Lumpen Live Taping & Radio Transmission. Live radio segment broadcasting directly from CZF 2016!
- Youth Reading. Join the youngest members of the zine community while they show us all up with their zine skills.
- Cute Animal Drawing Workshop. Fun ways to draw cute animals for kids ages 6 to 12. Learn basic skills to create infinite cute animals.
- Busy Beaver Button Co. Custom button making workshop!
Help make our zine dreams come true!
To all you lovely dreamy zine fans, consider donating to Chicago Zine Fest! We’re a crack team of volunteer organizers who are proud to put together this amazing DIY festival each year. But, it is not a cheap endeavor; from venue fees, to printing costs, to offering stipends to our snazzy invited guests, those $$$ add up. Any little bit you may be able to offer is much appreciated. You can donate to CZF here.
Volunteer with CZF!
Are you interested in volunteering with us? We are always looking for folks who have skills to share. Want to help us design programs, promote workshops, host fundraisers, or help at events? Let us know & send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!