“Dishwasher Pete” Jordan enthralled a packed house here at Quimby’s with passages from his book Dishwasher: One Mans Quest to Wash Dishes in All Fifty States. He was nice enough to get artsy and all cardinal direction-y in our photobooth. What we thought was super cool was that we were the only bookstore in Illinois that he read at on his tour (on purpose!), since he has a longstanding relationship with both Quimby’s and Steven, the original owner of Quimby’s. We are proud Dishwasher Pete did his fantastic event here, and we wish him luck on his way back home to Amsterdam, where he and his wife are in the process of buying a bike shop.
On The Instagram
Thanks, #theoellsworth ! #quimbys
#Quimby's holiday season hours.
Gettin' organized and it feels so good.
140 Characters or Less
- Open today: Wed, Nov 25th, noon-5pm, closed tomorrow (11/26) 7 hours ago
- 📷 Thanks, #theoellsworth ! #quimbys (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1yhW7kl 16 hours ago
- 📷 #quimbys (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1yhVpS9 16 hours ago
- 📷 #Quimby’s holiday season hours. (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1yhUzH7 16 hours ago
- Open til 5 on Wed 11/25, closed Thurs 11/26, open 11/27. Holiday hours here: quimbys.com/blog/?p=10683 18 hours ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest CHIPRC comics comix CZF Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events high wierdness holiday hours humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics mayhem new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines