“Dishwasher Pete” Jordan enthralled a packed house here at Quimby’s with passages from his book Dishwasher: One Mans Quest to Wash Dishes in All Fifty States. He was nice enough to get artsy and all cardinal direction-y in our photobooth. What we thought was super cool was that we were the only bookstore in Illinois that he read at on his tour (on purpose!), since he has a longstanding relationship with both Quimby’s and Steven, the original owner of Quimby’s. We are proud Dishwasher Pete did his fantastic event here, and we wish him luck on his way back home to Amsterdam, where he and his wife are in the process of buying a bike shop.
On The Instagram
Flapjacks for hospital..
And on no sleep, my 7th year begins. Good luck teachers. Hold onto your butts. You got this!
Good morning, Antrim County!
140 Characters or Less
- Zine Zine Club Returns Sept 10th at the ChiPRC. You can get the zines at Quimby’s! fb.me/7iTlHkHES 1 hour ago
- Mail art! fb.me/4g0XRDeLM 1 hour ago
- New sign! fb.me/3UQJzKpsA 1 hour ago
- Photos from tiki day and tiki window display! — at Quimby’s Bookstore fb.me/36ikCE962 1 hour ago
- Is our Labor Day half begun or half over? Who cares! Three more hours to shop at Quimby’s. Enjoy the novelty of shopping on a Monday! 9 hours ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events hate-on high wierdness humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics letters to quimbys mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines