“Dishwasher Pete” Jordan enthralled a packed house here at Quimby’s with passages from his book Dishwasher: One Mans Quest to Wash Dishes in All Fifty States. He was nice enough to get artsy and all cardinal direction-y in our photobooth. What we thought was super cool was that we were the only bookstore in Illinois that he read at on his tour (on purpose!), since he has a longstanding relationship with both Quimby’s and Steven, the original owner of Quimby’s. We are proud Dishwasher Pete did his fantastic event here, and we wish him luck on his way back home to Amsterdam, where he and his wife are in the process of buying a bike shop.
On The Instagram
Just in case I feel like wearing knee socks and still want people to k.pw I have tattoos on my legs?
Yes, a sea monkey slot machine.
140 Characters or Less
- Check out these rad stamps from Canada! Step up your game, @USPS http://t.co/UdoFm3rsnX 19 hours ago
- International Zine Month Day 20: Give yr zine to somebody free! fb.me/6x3MLCvoO 2 days ago
- New Stuff This Week fb.me/2PwwJsz2S 3 days ago
- Zine Store Appreciation Day! Come in and cool down in here before you head to Pitchfork. fb.me/34XpsU05z 3 days ago
- Zine Reading Group at the CHIPRC on 7/24! fb.me/37UYoVj0r 4 days ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events hate-on high wierdness humor International Zine Month IZM Laydeez Do Comics letters to quimbys mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site photos quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines