3-5 p.m. Central Time
Sunday, July 17, 2022
Humboldt Park, Chicago
++ PLEASE NOTE: This is an off-site event! ++
Pack up your long-arm stapler, grab your sunscreen, and meet up with your fellow zine enthusiasts at Zine Camp! If you love zines, you’re invited to this in-person, outdoor summer hangout.
Join the fun at 3-5 p.m. CT on Sunday, July 17 in Chicago’s Humboldt Park.* There will be s’mores, snacks, and some fun surprises … feel free to drop in anytime and stay for as long as you like.
Where to go in Humboldt Park:
Zine Camp will be held on the park side of North Avenue between Mozart Street and Francisco Avenue (just west of the intersection of California Avenue and North Avenue). **
Look for the Zine Camp flying proudly!
What to bring to camp (if you choose):
- Zines to trade (your own or your faves by other zinemakers)
- Snacks to share
- A beverage (we recommend bug juice)
- Sunscreen and bug spray if you need it
- Something to sit on (blanket, camp chair, etc.)
- A face mask if you want to wear one
* Post-event gathering + BAD WEATHER LOCATION info: After Zine Camp wraps up in the park at 5 p.m., a group of folks will head over to the outdoor patio at the Hi-Lo (1110 N. California Ave.) to continue the revelry! The Hi-Lo patio (which has tables covered with umbrellas) also will be the alternate Zine Camp gathering spot in case of rain — please keep an eye on the Zine Club Chicago social media accounts (@zineclubchicago) for updates if the weather is not conducive to a park gathering.
** Please note that the closest public restrooms that will be open during our event are just across North Avenue at Burger King (2840 W. North Ave.; purchase may be required to use facilities) and a few blocks down North Avenue at Cermak Produce (2701 W. North Ave.; purchase not required to use facilities). This isn’t ideal, of course, but the event organizers could not confirm that any public restrooms within the park will be open.
++ This event will NOT be held at Quimby’s ++
Image description: A light green, black, and white flyer with a collaged background of vintage camping advertisements and the following text: Zine Camp; Join us for an in-person summer hangout for folks who love zines! Sunday, July 17, 2022; 3-5 p.m. Central Time; Humboldt Park, Chicago; Free! For more info, go to zine.camp; Hosted by Zine Club Chicago + Zine Party