Its hard to believe that its been a while since a decent Basil Wolverton book has been in print. A skilled artist and draftsman whom worked with every type of comic from the superheroes & sci-fi to funny books & early MAD magazine; ending his career carefully illustrating the Bible. It’s easy to see the influence his work had on Crumb and the whole Weirdo school of comics, and with this nice new hardcover a whole new generation of comic lovers and artists can finally study up on his impressive output. I dare say with “neo psychedelic” and some of the stranger art comics going on today, Basil Wolverton is more relevant than ever.
On The Instagram
Pigeon with camera #warwas #weltecho #WWI #sarahmeinert
My friend Sarah's installation for the pigeons who were used to spy on the enemy in World War I. #weltecho #chemnitz #warwas
If you spot Anorak on one of our stockists' shelves, please snap & share. A handsome printed reward will be offered to all happy spotters!
140 Characters or Less
- quimbys.com/blog/?p=9229 fb.me/3mIdCsR0B 4 days ago
- Are you kidding me?! Look how cute these postage stamps from Australia are! First place. http://t.co/sFEy5DVQ4j 5 days ago
- Ahoy intrepid adventurers! Brave the shutdown blueline and the crowds at Wicker Park Fest to discover self-published treasures! Open til 7pm 5 days ago
- New Stuff This Week fb.me/6LctRORUu 6 days ago
- Corinne Mucha reads from Get Over It tonight at 7pm! fb.me/1tMN5cuzx 1 week ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events hate-on high wierdness humor International Zine Month IZM Laydeez Do Comics letters to quimbys mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site photos quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines