Its hard to believe that its been a while since a decent Basil Wolverton book has been in print. A skilled artist and draftsman whom worked with every type of comic from the superheroes & sci-fi to funny books & early MAD magazine; ending his career carefully illustrating the Bible. It’s easy to see the influence his work had on Crumb and the whole Weirdo school of comics, and with this nice new hardcover a whole new generation of comic lovers and artists can finally study up on his impressive output. I dare say with “neo psychedelic” and some of the stranger art comics going on today, Basil Wolverton is more relevant than ever.
On The Instagram
Thanks, #theoellsworth ! #quimbys
#Quimby's holiday season hours.
Gettin' organized and it feels so good.
140 Characters or Less
- Open today: Wed, Nov 25th, noon-5pm, closed tomorrow (11/26) 6 hours ago
- 📷 Thanks, #theoellsworth ! #quimbys (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1yhW7kl 18 hours ago
- 📷 #quimbys (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1yhVpS9 18 hours ago
- 📷 #Quimby’s holiday season hours. (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1yhUzH7 18 hours ago
- Open til 5 on Wed 11/25, closed Thurs 11/26, open 11/27. Holiday hours here: quimbys.com/blog/?p=10683 20 hours ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest CHIPRC comics comix CZF Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events high wierdness holiday hours humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics mayhem new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines