Its hard to believe that its been a while since a decent Basil Wolverton book has been in print. A skilled artist and draftsman whom worked with every type of comic from the superheroes & sci-fi to funny books & early MAD magazine; ending his career carefully illustrating the Bible. It’s easy to see the influence his work had on Crumb and the whole Weirdo school of comics, and with this nice new hardcover a whole new generation of comic lovers and artists can finally study up on his impressive output. I dare say with “neo psychedelic” and some of the stranger art comics going on today, Basil Wolverton is more relevant than ever.
On The Instagram
Happy Samhain from the #QuimbysBookstore window installation. So say we all.
Yeah yeah come n geddit. We got 1 box. U snooze u lose.
Protecting your identity with your mail orders since 1991. #quimbys.com #QuimbysBookstore #shred
140 Characters or Less
- New Stuff This Week fb.me/6Z6R91TGU 1 day ago
- In the past few weeks folks have called the store looking for the following: buffalo wings, bachelorette party… fb.me/2ygGQ0XE6 3 days ago
- Found Magazine the Early Years is in stock! Know yer history, nerdz. http://t.co/sybnm6Yvv4 5 days ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/2vtacoVG9 1 week ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/2NjUgj0NI 1 week ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events hate-on high wierdness humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics letters to quimbys mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines