This is no ordinary reprint. This version of The Wizard of Oz is an artbook illustrated by Graham Rawle, author of Woman’s World (a novel created entirely from fragments of found text from 60s womens mags, now being made into a movie). The text is the same — hence it being almost 300 pages long! There’s illustrations on almost every page, and they’re crazy. Collage-y type of stuff with dolls and toys and beads and doll slippers and bottles and things cut out from other things — like he cut up magazines and newspapers and then went crazy at American Science and Surplus. Kids would love this but adults may love it more. Even some of the font is spicy with cursive and italics and who knows what else. There’s little graphic surprises on almost every page. A lot of work went into this thing!
On The Instagram
Happy #Krampus Kustomers #quimbys
Thanks, #theoellsworth ! #quimbys
#Quimby's holiday season hours.
140 Characters or Less
- New stuff this week! quimbys.com/blog/new_stuff… 3 days ago
- Open today (Fri 11/27) noon to 10pm! facebook.com/permalink.php?… 4 days ago
- 📷 Happy #Krampus Kustomers #quimbys (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1ymOJKu 6 days ago
- Open today: Wed, Nov 25th, noon-5pm, closed tomorrow (11/26) 6 days ago
- 📷 Thanks, #theoellsworth ! #quimbys (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1yhW7kl 7 days ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest CHIPRC comics comix CZF Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events high wierdness holiday hours humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics mayhem new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines