Its hard to believe that its been a while since a decent Basil Wolverton book has been in print. A skilled artist and draftsman whom worked with every type of comic from the superheroes & sci-fi to funny books & early MAD magazine; ending his career carefully illustrating the Bible. It’s easy to see the influence his work had on Crumb and the whole Weirdo school of comics, and with this nice new hardcover a whole new generation of comic lovers and artists can finally study up on his impressive output. I dare say with “neo psychedelic” and some of the stranger art comics going on today, Basil Wolverton is more relevant than ever.
On The Instagram
Jordan and Celia of The Yellow Book accessorizing with Button's Birthday buttons. #happybirthdaybutton
Death rides a surly cat.
Good old Dirty Daisy. 4 color screen print from 2010
140 Characters or Less
- Zine Reading Group at the CHIPRC tomorrow! See ya there! fb.me/6BZo9h5Gb 1 day ago
- IZM Day 23: one pager zines! fb.me/1ZF5M1Rdm 2 days ago
- Check out these rad stamps from Canada! Step up your game, @USPS http://t.co/UdoFm3rsnX 4 days ago
- International Zine Month Day 20: Give yr zine to somebody free! fb.me/6x3MLCvoO 5 days ago
- New Stuff This Week fb.me/2PwwJsz2S 5 days ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events hate-on high wierdness humor International Zine Month IZM Laydeez Do Comics letters to quimbys mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site photos quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines