Its hard to believe that its been a while since a decent Basil Wolverton book has been in print. A skilled artist and draftsman whom worked with every type of comic from the superheroes & sci-fi to funny books & early MAD magazine; ending his career carefully illustrating the Bible. It’s easy to see the influence his work had on Crumb and the whole Weirdo school of comics, and with this nice new hardcover a whole new generation of comic lovers and artists can finally study up on his impressive output. I dare say with “neo psychedelic” and some of the stranger art comics going on today, Basil Wolverton is more relevant than ever.
On The Instagram
YDS: Occupy the Pillows.
House, with yellow scooter.
"Then in the midnight choir, outside the whirlaway..."
Having a soak at the riso spa
140 Characters or Less
- Say aloha to your friends at Quimby’s Bookstore this Friday 7/29 for Tiki Day. Free drinks, tasty snacks,… fb.me/6HQZ9qbU7 4 hours ago
- New Stuff This Week fb.me/3TXdOnxFW 4 days ago
- ZAP! http://t.co/TMZHkKqXAW 6 days ago
- The scoop: this weekend will be the cleanest our carpet will be for the 2nd half of 2014. http://t.co/WoNmV6Jj7S 6 days ago
- What would a Quimbster take to read by the beach? Racked Chicago checked in with Quimby’s own Nicki Yowell last… fb.me/6CXL28hP5 2 weeks ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events hate-on high wierdness humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics letters to quimbys mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines