1. Wilson by Dan Clowes (D+Q) $21.95 – We have a few signed copies left from the event on Saturday! Better hustle if ya want one!
2. Henry And Glenn Forever by Igloo Tornado (Microcosm) $4.00 – The gay love of Henry Rollins and Glenn Danzig? I’d get in that van.-EF
3. Is It the Future Yet by Corrine Mucha $3.00 – What does the future hold for you? Well, I predict you will fall madly in love with Corinne’s amazing new mini-comic, Is It the Future Yet?, which she made ‘specially for Quimby’s! I see you laughing out loud at the fresh psychic hijinx and time-travel schemes that grace every delightful page. I can see your love for this comic growing rich, deep, and strong and you will find it brings you much good luck and happiness as years go by…Yes, my friend, the future looks very bright indeed! AVAILABLE ONLY AT QUIMBY’S!
4. To Teach The Journey In Comics by William Ayers and Alexander Tanner Ryan Alexander-Tanner (Teachers College Press) $15.95
This graphic novel brings to life William Ayers’s bestselling memoir To Teach: The Journey of a Teacher. And he’ll be here to talk about this Saturday, June 19th at 7pm! These illustrated stories begin with Ayers’s early days teaching kindergarten and follow this renowned educational theorist on his “voyage of discovery and surprise.” Readers meet fellow travelers from schools across the country and watch as students grow across a year and a lifetime.
5. Mojo #200 Jul 10 $9.99
6. Tales Designed to Thrizzle #6 by Michael Kupperman (Fantagraphics) $4.95
7. The Selves by Sonja Ahlers (D+Q) $19.95 – Collageria of of well brushed merkins and precious patchwork womanhood-EF
8. I Was a Teenage Comic Nerd by Liz Prince $3.00 – Everyone has something to be embarrassed about. For Liz Prince, it’s this collection of comics that she worked on during her pre-college years. These early stories include Liz developing crushes on boys, digging quarters out of trashcans, and dealing with insomnia. They’re lighthearted, strangely endearing, and show how far Liz has come from.
9. Proximity #7: A Catalog of Strategies $6.00 - An Art Communi-que on the Communit-tay- Chicago-centric yet limitless in scope, this issue is a Catalog of Strategies, split nicely between a recource/contact directory and focus articles pertaining to group and interventionist art. Useful on all fronts, and tremendously engaging too. -EF
10. Killing Time Before the Party Comics About Playing in a Band by People Who Play ed. by Justim Melkmann (Melkmann Comics) $3.00 – Comics ‘thology about playing in a band by people who play in bands. Posers go home.