Peel back the lid! It’s so nice out, so you should totally take your classes outside. Or ditch work early and come to Quimby’s and play with some of our toys and read some zines.
1. Paying For It: A Comic Strip Memoir About Being a John by Chester Brown (D&Q) $24.95 – Don’t miss Chester Brown this comiong Wednesday (May 11th) at 7pm!
2. Black Eye #1 ed. by Ryan Standfest $14.95 – Crazy comics anthology that provoked a reaction from authorities at the U.S. Canada border!
3. Mojo #211 June 11 $9.99
4. Bizarre #175 May 11 $10.50
5. Monocle vol 5 #43 May 11 $10.00
6. Believer #80 May 11 $8.00
7. Uptown Problems #1 Win 10 $4.00 – From the tender side of twenty comes a tell-it-like-it’s-been “aborted journal of radical self help” ladelled out in snippets with the bitterness and bravado of a washed up child actor. -EF
8. Nurse Nurse #6 by Katie Skelly (Sparkplug) $3.00
9. Doris #28 by Cindy C. $2.00 – This issue of Doris talks about rural living, defining collective goals, miniature horses, the impact “Roots” had on conversations about racism in the predominantly white suburb she grew up in, as well as a personal account of her own awareness of racism. Cindy also spends some time here reflecting on her memories of Samantha Jane Dorsett and punk sobriety.
10. When the Crash Meets Something Solid #7 Widowmaker by Gabrielle Congrave $3.00