No, I don’t want your organic chocolates. It’s probably that “acquired taste” chocolate that I hate. Here are some other things I do not want from hippies. I want hippies to not use so much patchouli that I can still smell it 24 hours later. I want hippies to not leave a floater in our toilet. Remember please: if it is brown you must flush it down. If it is yellow do not “let it mellow” for fucks’ sake. I want hippies to not befoul our nice new photobooth with nasty, sticky, mysterious juice. Leave the organic hippie juice boxes at home, please. Most of all, I want hippies to not spend five hours browsing Quimby’s, only to leave without purchasing a single thing. I recognize that, as hippies, the barter economy is preferred until the trust fund is at risk. So think of it this way, hippies: we offer a comfortable space to hang out. We have lots of groovy things to trip out on. We have an indoor bathroom with working plumbing and everything. And in exchange for this, as a token of appreciation, hippie, please buy something. Anything will do — it’s pretty hard to go wrong. Many items are “grown” locally (although I personally recommend Jack Chick tracts for the impressionable younger hippie). Is this really too much to ask?
On The Instagram
Rain Collectors in my tiny living room. #HappyBirthdayMolly
Sleep with Bruce Lamont.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre #buttcity
My new column #totalwar debuts in #pork16 in which I compare internet society to the dancing squid rice bowl.
140 Characters or Less
- Lane Milburn talks about Twelve Gems here tomorrow! fb.me/6ERNyzi0W 6 hours ago
- Happy Hour Tiki Day explosion! Experience the spirit of aloha with us today at Quimby’s Bookstore. We’ve got poor… fb.me/1ENYQq972 2 mins ago
- Don’t miss September’s Zine Zine Club, you know like, a book reading group but for zines? At the CHIPRC 9/10. Get… fb.me/1vGTfdOc9 16 hours ago
- Say aloha to your friends at Quimby’s Bookstore this Friday 7/29 for Tiki Day. Free drinks, tasty snacks,… fb.me/6HQZ9qbU7 2 days ago
- New Stuff This Week fb.me/3TXdOnxFW 6 days ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events hate-on high wierdness humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics letters to quimbys mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines