No, I don’t want your organic chocolates. It’s probably that “acquired taste” chocolate that I hate. Here are some other things I do not want from hippies. I want hippies to not use so much patchouli that I can still smell it 24 hours later. I want hippies to not leave a floater in our toilet. Remember please: if it is brown you must flush it down. If it is yellow do not “let it mellow” for fucks’ sake. I want hippies to not befoul our nice new photobooth with nasty, sticky, mysterious juice. Leave the organic hippie juice boxes at home, please. Most of all, I want hippies to not spend five hours browsing Quimby’s, only to leave without purchasing a single thing. I recognize that, as hippies, the barter economy is preferred until the trust fund is at risk. So think of it this way, hippies: we offer a comfortable space to hang out. We have lots of groovy things to trip out on. We have an indoor bathroom with working plumbing and everything. And in exchange for this, as a token of appreciation, hippie, please buy something. Anything will do — it’s pretty hard to go wrong. Many items are “grown” locally (although I personally recommend Jack Chick tracts for the impressionable younger hippie). Is this really too much to ask?
On The Instagram
#QuimbysBookstore added a second floor. You get to it through the ceiling!
CAKE Digest 2014. Pretty pretty pretty.
Just arrived: Field Notes Two Rivers edition.
What goes on in the basement at #QuimbysBookstore
140 Characters or Less
- We added a second floor. You get to it through the ceiling! instagram.com/p/08TWUnEcwm/?… http://t.co/Uyb74qBoi6 1 hour ago
- Photo: CAKE Digest 2014. Pretty pretty pretty. (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1hFm05e 22 hours ago
- Photo: Just arrived: Field Notes Two Rivers edition. (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1hE9d3u 1 day ago
- Is this Alex Ross astro city gorilla wearing an Ape Sex t-shirt? @xaimeh http://t.co/xAxEC8XwKx 3 days ago
- Woof! What crummy weather. We’re open until 7pm & have a bootiful web store too! quimbys.com 3 days ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix CZF Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events high wierdness holiday hours humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines