No, I don’t want your organic chocolates. It’s probably that “acquired taste” chocolate that I hate. Here are some other things I do not want from hippies. I want hippies to not use so much patchouli that I can still smell it 24 hours later. I want hippies to not leave a floater in our toilet. Remember please: if it is brown you must flush it down. If it is yellow do not “let it mellow” for fucks’ sake. I want hippies to not befoul our nice new photobooth with nasty, sticky, mysterious juice. Leave the organic hippie juice boxes at home, please. Most of all, I want hippies to not spend five hours browsing Quimby’s, only to leave without purchasing a single thing. I recognize that, as hippies, the barter economy is preferred until the trust fund is at risk. So think of it this way, hippies: we offer a comfortable space to hang out. We have lots of groovy things to trip out on. We have an indoor bathroom with working plumbing and everything. And in exchange for this, as a token of appreciation, hippie, please buy something. Anything will do — it’s pretty hard to go wrong. Many items are “grown” locally (although I personally recommend Jack Chick tracts for the impressionable younger hippie). Is this really too much to ask?
On The Instagram
Ooooolala #Nobrow #unicorn Lab Partners wrapping paper. Art for only $4.50 per sheet. #QuimbysBookstore
Shhhhhhh John Porcellino quietly looks at mini-comics while everybody watches a documentary about him. A tender moment up in here. #QuimbysBookstore #johnporcellino #roothogordie #kingcatcomics
Thanks, David's Tea Wicker Park/Bucktown for free Maple Sugar tea! Our customers thank you! #QuimbysBookstore
Thanks, Laura Park, for sharing donuts at #QuimbysBookstore !!!
140 Characters or Less
- New Stuf This Week fb.me/39LrPRgae 17 hours ago
- Check it out! @michael_deforge @_patrickkyle & @s_k_hanselmann were nice enough to come in & sign some books today! http://t.co/Qnj9sRuE5p 2 days ago
- Just restocked our #punkplanet shelf! Come and get all of your favorite back issues. http://t.co/fSk9AYfmkB 2 days ago
- Curious Friday night customer: “What is the ‘theme’ of this store?” If Quimby’s Bookstore had a theme song, or… fb.me/715hmbFCs 5 days ago
- Chicago’s own fashionista-extraordinare gave us some love for Lucky Magazine. Thanks, Tavi! fb.me/6ORdcxvET 1 week ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events hate-on high wierdness humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics letters to quimbys mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines