No, I don’t want your organic chocolates. It’s probably that “acquired taste” chocolate that I hate. Here are some other things I do not want from hippies. I want hippies to not use so much patchouli that I can still smell it 24 hours later. I want hippies to not leave a floater in our toilet. Remember please: if it is brown you must flush it down. If it is yellow do not “let it mellow” for fucks’ sake. I want hippies to not befoul our nice new photobooth with nasty, sticky, mysterious juice. Leave the organic hippie juice boxes at home, please. Most of all, I want hippies to not spend five hours browsing Quimby’s, only to leave without purchasing a single thing. I recognize that, as hippies, the barter economy is preferred until the trust fund is at risk. So think of it this way, hippies: we offer a comfortable space to hang out. We have lots of groovy things to trip out on. We have an indoor bathroom with working plumbing and everything. And in exchange for this, as a token of appreciation, hippie, please buy something. Anything will do — it’s pretty hard to go wrong. Many items are “grown” locally (although I personally recommend Jack Chick tracts for the impressionable younger hippie). Is this really too much to ask?
On The Instagram
Snacks for tonights Zlumber Party await you! See you at 9:30pm and bring yer PJs for a zine pajamy jam. #QuimbysBookstore
We have a Germanic doppleganger! #QuimbysBookstore #kwimbyshop
Zlumber Party at #QuimbysBookstore is in the Chicago Reader this week! Stay overnight with us sat night 1/31 and work on yr zine. More info at quimbys.com
The new table is overflowing!
140 Characters or Less
- Sleepover tonight at Quimby’s and work on your zine! quimbys.com/blog/zines/qui… 2 hours ago
- Tonight at @QuimbysBooks 7pm: Zine & Comics Events: Making Magic Happen Librarians & Zinesters. bit.ly/1BExIgM 19 hours ago
- The Quimby’s Zlumber Party is in the Chicago Reader! See you 1/31! instagram.com/p/ydAwdiEc-p/?… 2 days ago
- Lastly, the total disaster of a store I leave for my coworkers to set up in the morning thanks & sorry to L & N.-neil http://t.co/OakUcH7GOi 3 days ago
- Done with cleaning a little earlier than normal! One clean carpet! http://t.co/yOlT4ySrJK 3 days ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest comics comix CZF Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events high wierdness holiday hours humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics mayhem new-books new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines