No, I don’t want your organic chocolates. It’s probably that “acquired taste” chocolate that I hate. Here are some other things I do not want from hippies. I want hippies to not use so much patchouli that I can still smell it 24 hours later. I want hippies to not leave a floater in our toilet. Remember please: if it is brown you must flush it down. If it is yellow do not “let it mellow” for fucks’ sake. I want hippies to not befoul our nice new photobooth with nasty, sticky, mysterious juice. Leave the organic hippie juice boxes at home, please. Most of all, I want hippies to not spend five hours browsing Quimby’s, only to leave without purchasing a single thing. I recognize that, as hippies, the barter economy is preferred until the trust fund is at risk. So think of it this way, hippies: we offer a comfortable space to hang out. We have lots of groovy things to trip out on. We have an indoor bathroom with working plumbing and everything. And in exchange for this, as a token of appreciation, hippie, please buy something. Anything will do — it’s pretty hard to go wrong. Many items are “grown” locally (although I personally recommend Jack Chick tracts for the impressionable younger hippie). Is this really too much to ask?
On The Instagram
Holy shit, this guy just proposed to his lady during their song, Space Oddity. She said yes!!!
Yup! #QuimbysBookstore open til 5pm today, July 4th!
My Aim Is True #10 for #CHIPRC Zine Reading Club 7/8!
140 Characters or Less
- Photo: Holy shit, this guy just proposed to his lady during their song, Space Oddity. She said yes!!! (at… tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1om_HNY 2 days ago
- Photo: Yup! #QuimbysBookstore open til 5pm today, July 4th! (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1oloIRG 2 days ago
- Photo: My Aim Is True #10 for #CHIPRC Zine Reading Club 7/8! (at Quimby’s Bookstore) tmblr.co/ZNGSbx1olnlon 2 days ago
- Thanks, @Chicago_Reader for the wonderful write up for our 7/10 event with @RedInkRadio for the book The Oven! chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archiv… 3 days ago
- “You thought you could behead me twice?” From Sabin Cauldron’s mini omic, Maleficium! Available at our humble store. http://t.co/EzdLKR6dr6 5 days ago
Anne Elizabeth Moore art bestsellers books cake chicago Chicago Alternative Comics Expo Chicago Zine Fest CHIPRC comics comix CZF Dan Gleason Edie Fake Event events high wierdness holiday hours humor International Zine Month IZM John Porcellino Laydeez Do Comics mayhem new-releases new-stuff news New Stuff This Week Off Site quimbys Quimbys Event Reading readings store event Store Events store news ten top 10 Top 10 bestsellers top ten twitter version Visitors zine zines